Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Time For Choosing



My favorite political speech. I post it for two reasons:
1) For my buddy Steve.
2) Because it's always worth listening to again. It's 45 years old. If you take out a few of the dated references and change the names, it's as applicable today as it was then.

"You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ash heap of totalitarianism."

1 comment:

  1. CD, you rock!!! Thanks for the shout out. Can't believe this is 45 years old. Makes me feel old just knowing that. Man, I hope we can find another one just like him soon, we so desperately need it.

    ReplyDelete